If you work in a modern office environment, one of your top priorities should be making day-to-day business processes more efficient and effective. It’s critical you have a selection of the best software and tools available to your employees if you want your business to continue prospering.
Google Drive is one of the most amazing free organizational tools you can have at your disposal. If you haven’t considered making it a part of your office environment, start thinking about it today. It can save you time and money, making it easier than ever to collaborate, share, edit and create important documents, reports, presentations and more.
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is Google’s data storage and synchronization service. Apart from simply storing data, you can use a suite of applications to create, edit and organize the data itself. The suite includes:
- Google Docs – your documents editor
- Sheets – used to work on spreadsheets
- Slides – presentation application that is similar to Microsoft’s PowerPoint
- Forms – a web application that lets you create various forms, questionnaires, surveys and more
- Storage space – where you can keep all you work for free (up to 15GB) or for a price ranging from $1.99 to $299.99 per month (100GB to 30TB, respectively)
How Can Google Drive Help You?
Implementing Google Drive will make life a lot easier for you and your colleagues. No installation is required, no help from your tech department is required, and best yet, anyone with a google account can begin using it right away.
Take a look at just a few of the other benefits of Google Drive for your business.
- Storage Space – While 15GB of free storage might not seem like a huge amount, this is more than enough if you keep an eye on your used disk space, especially for small to medium businesses. As long as you delete files you no longer need and move the files you do, you should have ample space to work with. Alternatively, you can opt to pay a small monthly price for more storage space.
- 100% Free – Yes, Google Drive is free for as long as you need it. There are no purchases required, no licenses to pay for and you won’t be bugged to upgrade every few months. If you keep it simple and use it as a small business tool, your business can benefit from its services for the foreseeable future.
- Collaboration – Being able to work together on a project is an often overlooked feature not widely available across software applications. Luckily, Google Drive doesn’t disappoint. You can share documents with your colleagues, assign them any rights or privileges and then work on the documents together, all at the same time. Changes are saved automatically, making real-time collaboration easier than ever.
- Global Access – All documents and applications are stored on Google’s servers, so you can access them from any part of the world. All you need is an account, the right permissions and working internet to access all your data and files.
- Best Security – Google strives to be an industry leader when it comes to the security of their servers and data. Having your drive hosted on their server gives you peace of mind, letting you rest a little easier about data security. As long as you keep your passwords and account details safe, your data should be safe.
- Familiar UI – Even first time users will feel right at home when using Google Drive applications. There is no need to invest in a course to update your employees’ knowledge. Most of them have been using similar applications already, more than likely those offered by Microsoft, so there is little to no learning curve when it comes to upgrading to Google Drive.
- Synchronization and Tracking – Your documents can be synchronized with any machine that you may have connected with the account. That means no document will fall behind when it comes to version updates. In case you need to see who did what and when, you have the option of viewing the history across each service offered. This is stored for weeks, so you can go back and view changes any time you’d like.
- Web Application– The beauty of online web applications is that all you will need to work with them is a web browser. That’s it. There are no applications to download, there are no connections or configurations you need to carry out. You simply login and you’re done. All data is saved and there’s no drain on your personal computer or server.
- Freelance Environment – Because you can access all files from anywhere in the world, huge shifts are possible when it comes to your workforce and how you do business. If everyone can work from anywhere, it means you won’t even need to worry about their overhead – begin hiring contract employees, allow employees to work from home, even acess your own personal projects from home or abroad.
Get Google Drive
Now you know what Google Drive can do for you. Transform how you do business – if you haven’t done so, now is the time to get connected.